Wednesday, October 1, 2008

pop quiz today

It's October. There's a pop quiz today. It's about school and you can grade yourself. I hope you're feeling comfortable in your classes and around the school.
How can you tell? Try this false / true quiz!
1. I know my schedule without checking it very much. F or T
2. Teachers smile at me and know my name. F or T
3. My lunch table is fun. I usually like going to lunch. F or T
4. I have not missed any homework assignments. Well, maybe one. F or T
5. I could show a new student how to get to the nurse or library. F or T
6. My locker is pretty clean and I can find stuff in there. F or T
7. School starts early but I'm getting there on time every day. F or T
8. There are nice kids in the hallways. F or T

Add up your results. False____ True ____

0-2 false. You're off to a very good start. You have adjusted well to life in middle school. Keep making new friends. Invite a quiet kid to join your lunch table.
3-5 false. You're doing pretty well but there is some room for improvement. Are you looking at the floor or daydreaming? Sit up straight in class. Pick one thing that was false and see if you can change it to true this month. Is there a club or activity you could join to make some new friends?
6-8 false. Life in middle school can be stressful. Lots of things can distract us from having a good day at school. If you're having trouble finding anything good about your school then you should probably talk to someone about it. Parents, teachers, guidance counselor, gym teachers.. just pick someone nice and start talking about why school days are dragging you down.

We all have good days and boring days and fun days and terrible days. The secret is to learn from the bad and enjoy the good. Have a happy day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Hi! I saw your blog looking for middle school girls. I AM ONE!! I read the QUIZ FOR OCTOBER, and Here are my resuls:

1. T
2. T
3. F
4. F
5. T
6. T
7. T
8. T

F: 2
T: 6

P.S. Are YOU a middle school girl?
P.P.S. Maybe We Could Become blogging Buddies!!

CHECK MY PICTURE OUT!!!
AND MY BLOG!

Aunt Jen said...

Hi Abigail,
It looks like you have a fun school. If lunch is not a good part of your day maybe you could find other kids who like singing or blogging. Is there a christian club you could join? That would be a fun way to meet nice kids.
I'm not a middle school girl, just an Aunt but I need more blogging buddies. : )